Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Mom and Pop Culture at AustinMama.com

Yay for Marrit Ingman! Marrit Ingman, who has written for Lone Star Ma and who was a great comfort to me during my whole trauma about a certain new glossy parenting magazine invading my turf, has a new column at AustinMama.com called Mom and Pop Culture. This first installment is a very well-written defense on mother-writing which, as you know, is my current bandwagon. Marrit is the author of Inconsolable: How I Threw My Mental Health Out With The Diapers, one of the best books I have read in a long, long, long time. She's a frequent contributor to Fertile Ground, one of my favorite zines, as well. She is one of those talented writers who can tackle serious subjects while being funny as hell...but maybe that's just my macabre sense of humor. What are you waiting for? Go read her column!

No comments: