Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Beatle-Mania

Yes, Lone Star Pa thoroughly corrupted my baby with his vices on the days he stayed home with her when she was sick. The Human Torch thing is kind of cute but the Beatle-Mania is out of control.

The Lone Star Baby wanders around now saying "Submarine. Sun (Here Comes The Sun is her favorite song). Bea-tles. Ringo. John. Paul. George (for quite a while, the Lone Star Baby thought George Harrison was her Dad, but she seems to have gotten over that during her graduate course on the Fab Four). Blue Meanies. GROOVY." This may not sound so bad, but at bedtime, she wails "Bea-tles! Bea-tles! Bea-tles!" and it is getting plumb ridiculous. She also clutches the box of Lone Star Pa's Yellow Submarine video tape, murmuring lovingly over the illustrations and shrieking "Mine!" if anyone tries to put it away. A groupie at the age of 19 months...sad if you ask me. Just sad.

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Hey, hey, hey, hey,
Hey baby...


You're never too young to learn to love the Beatles. I used to sing a modified version of "All You Need is Love" to Lucia (basically the "Love-love-love" part). At the time, Lucia sang "Ruh-ruh-ruh" (she's still working on her l's, but they've turned into y's). One morning, she placed her hands on my knees, looked into my eyes, and said, "Ruh!"

I melted.

Triana said...

I think there's someone out there who can feel your pain, he's married to Veloute. ;) I personally think it's fabulous!

We all live in a yellow subamarine...yellow submarine....

Lone Star Ma said...

Ruh! That would melt me, too!