Monday, February 06, 2006

Children's Authors & Illustrators Week

This week is Children's Authors & Illustrators Week, according to my Half-Price Books Calendar. I am all for recognizing good children's authors and illustrators and will try to post about children's literature as much as possible this week. I love reading children's literature just for my own self, but it has also played an enormous role on my parenting journey. Good children's books have brought my children and I together again and again at the ends of our long days at work and school, snuggled us up close and given us a wealth of shared experiences from which to draw. Children's books have also been our main teaching tools...through them, I have taught my children about our values, about our faith, about history, humor and more. So here is a big thank you from Lone Star Ma to all the children's authors and illustrators out there - too many to name - who have helped me to raise and nurture the little people who are entrusted to me for this short season of discovery: THANK YOU.

No comments: