Monday, December 05, 2005

Christmas House

We finally got the tree up and the house decorated for Christmas tonight. I am always afraid that we never will and that our busy schedules will rob the children of a festive holiday season. I feel better now...Lone Star Pa found the box that contained the ornaments the children have made...those are the Christmas decorations that matter to me...they mean an incredible lot to me, in fact. So much that I felt furious when he did not at first find them and overwhelmingly relieved when he did. So silly. The Lone Star Girl has made a lot of ornaments over the years and there are even a couple up from the Lone Star Baby now. I love all of the ones they have made. My favorite is the jellyfish ornament that the Lone Star Girl made in Sea-Schoolers class years ago from the bottom of a water bottle, some ribbon and lace. I also am floored by the tin heart that she cut out in art class and punched a design into...those are the very favorites among so many favorites. Now, we can proceed with the holiday traditions and maybe make some more...

No comments: