Monday, October 14, 2013

Dengue Fever Found in Houston

According to reports from the Associated Press, a study conducted by the Baylor College of Medicine has found that 47 of the people tested for West Nile Virus in Houston between 2003 and 2005 actually had Dengue Fever, not West Nile Virus.  More recent data is not available but it is posited that the virus is still in Houston.  Dengue fever can be very, very serious - even deadly -  so Texans need to be on the lookout.

 I think Lone Star Ma Magazine needs a tropical diseases correspondent.  Who wants the job?  There's no pay, but it is an important role.

I also think I need an effective mosquito repellent alternative to DEET, as DEET has been making me feel itchy-swollen in recent years. Please do not tell me about your latest herbal remedy - I mean effective.

No comments: