Monday, August 19, 2013

Sex Education For The Fourth Grader

I have started reading The Care And Keeping of You to the Lone Star Baby, and my, but it is holding her interest.  I am saddened that the book has been watered down and separated into "For Younger Girls"  and "For Older Girls" but it is still a good book in both versions.  Also, after I had already gotten the Lone Star Baby a "younger girls" version and we were well into reading it, the Lone Star Girl unearthed her old original version tonight and that is a great book, the publisher not withstanding.  Too cool.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Do you know if there are boy versions of these books?

joshuaism said...

My wife just picked up this book the other day for my fourth grader. Do you know if the combined younger and older books contain all of the same information or has something been excised since the split?

Lone Star Ma said...

Andrea- Not of these books per se, but there is a good boy book called What's Going On Down There? and It's So Amazing is always the go-to book for younger girls and boys, in my opinion.

Joshuaism - I have not gone through the older one yet to be sure. There is definitely stuff missing from the younger one, but I think (hope) they may have moved it up.