Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fourth Grade! Upper El!





 Thursday was the Lone Star Baby's first day of fourth grade!  





 At her school, first through third grades are lower elementary and fourth through sixth grades are upper elementary, so she is in kind of a whole new thing - upper el!  It's hard to imagine my baby being in a class with sixth graders! 




Theoretically, her school has extended the dual language track that they used to only have in Lower El to Upper El in her classroom, so I am hoping that she still gets plenty of Spanish.  I am pretty sure it will not be as much as I would like, but it will still be more than she would get anywhere else we could swing sending her, so we will hope for the best!

She said Thursday and Friday were mostly all about rules and the Organizing of The Supplies.  They should start their work plans this week.  I am curious to see how they differ from the Lower El work plans.  I hope she has a great year!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow! That's exciting. But school already? Seems too soon. Not ready for summer to end. :(