Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Greek Mythology Rising

It is soooo hard to get the Lone Star Baby into a new book/series for independent reading.  Harry Potter mania was such a blessing...until it was over just like the old days of The Secret of Droon and The Magic Treehouse before that.  She is soooo resistant to new ideas in between obsessions, though. 

I have been trying to read D'Aulaires' Book of Greek Myths to her this summer (she is not resistant to books I read to her) ... when I got it together enough to read at night ... and before it got lost in the bed (Book Vortex Supreme).  My plan was to give her enough Greek mythology that she would be ready for The Lightning Thief.  Monday, she got it from the library.  Cross your fingers.

1 comment:

Charles Kuffner said...

My about-to-enter-fourth-grade daughter and I have been reading the Percy Jackson books - we just started the fourth one. We've also seen the first two movies - the second one is much better than the first. She and I both love the books, hope your daughter does as well.