Sunday, March 03, 2013

First Day School: Peace Testimony And The Zax

Girl Scout cookie booth sales kept me from Meeting during all of February.  I am not proud of this, but the reality of scheduling things that numerous people must attend is what it is and our Meeting does meet only twice a month, Sunday afternoons, while most people go to church in the morning, a fact I generally really appreciate, but no system is perfect.

The Lone Star Baby and I were very happy to return today.  There were, including us, eight people at Meeting today.  I think that may be a four-year record.  After Meeting for Worship, we even had a very nice little Meeting for Business and drafted our State of the Meeting report - so nice.

In First Day School, we reviewed our SPICES overview lesson and moved on to start studying the Peace Testimony.   We read The Zax by Dr. Suess and Cain and Abel: Finding The Fruits of Peace by Sandy Eisenberg Sasso and pondered some queries about the stories and about peace.

I feel so close to the Lone Star Baby when we are at First Day School.


No comments: