Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Starts On Fall Gardens

Although I started back to school with a staff development day today, the weather is still screaming SUMMER loud and clear.  I know that we still have at least a month of insanely hot temperatures to get through until things start to feel like fall - and probably more.  Nonetheless, fall vegetables are coming in at the nurseries and I know they will not linger long, so I am trying to get started on fall planting.  With lots of watering, hopefully I will have some success.  

I planted some begonias yesterday, for Love.  

This evening, I planted eating plants:  one cucumber plant in the erstwhile salad garden.  I will add two nice tomato plants I picked up on Saturday later this week and then I will really have a salad garden again.  I planted one zucchini in the vegetable garden.  I planted some more basil in my herb pot.


I love my tiny little container gardens.

4 comments:

gojirama said...

Lovely! I love planting things I can eat.

Andrea said...

Wow, it's so amazing to think of starting plants at this time of year. What a lucky long season you have there!

Saints and Spinners said...

That's great! I ended up giving up on a veggie patch this year because it was so cold and wet for much of the summer.

Lone Star Ma said...

I cannot imagine that it has been cold somewhere in the country. It is SO hot in Texas!