Monday, January 31, 2011

Gorgeous Day

I'm in a really good mood today.  I know that part of it is that I took a half-day off in the afternoon so I could get to an IB Parent Meeting at the Lone Star Girl's school on time (I needn't have worried - it took a bit getting started) and also scheduled a conference at the Lone Star Baby's school so I could get all my finding-out-about-school responsibilities attended to in one afternoon.  I always wish I could spend tons more time at their schools so it is a major treat for me any time that I get to be there.

That wasn't all, though.  I'm just up.  A gift from the brain chemistry fairy today.  I'd worry that it is Mood Swings A' La  Menopause but I'm too cheerful to worry (anyone who knows me is running to hide now, as Armageddon is surely here - but it will be fun.)


I had a lovely conference at the Lone Star Baby's school today.  Her teacher is happy with her progress on all fronts.  Reading, math, behaving - check.  Those Montessori report cards of theirs are quite mysterious but she let me know that she calls if she ever has the slightest concern so no calls = all is well.  Yay.


Then it was on to the IB Parent meeting.  The Lone Star Girl's fledgling IB Program is doing well.  I feel great about the lady in charge and how things are unfolding.  The Lone Star Girl met me at the meeting  (in the library at her school) and after it we met Lone Star Pa and the Lone Star Baby at the public library and traded children.  I stayed at the library and helped the Lone Star Baby finish her homework while they went home, then bribed her with ice cream to let me get the grocery shopping done without resistance.  


When we got home, the Lone Star Girl was on the phone with the Lt. Governor waiting her turn to speak in his telephone town hall meeting.


I love my life.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Yippee! How great to have a day like that. Hope the good vibes last a long time (all month? year?).

Saints and Spinners said...

Ooh, ooh, what would a brain chemistry fairy look like? :)

Lone Star Ma said...

I think you must sew one and sell it to me.