Saturday, January 29, 2011

Girl Mornings

Usually our school morning routine this school year, much changed from our old one, is a two-parent gig:

Lone Star Pa takes the Lone Star Girl to  meet the swim bus at her school which leaves for the Natatorium at 6am and takes her back to school after practice, and then he heads on to Portland.

I get the Lone Star Baby ready and take her to school, going over spelling words and eating Bagelfuls in the car,  and then head over to my school.

From a timing, if not a sleep, perspective, this works very well. On the rare mornings there is no swim practice, though, the Lone Star Girl comes along with us while I take the Lone Star Baby to school and then I drop her off at her school on my way to work.  This takes longer and gets me to work later, especially since we tend to feel duty-bound to return to our old habits of getting tacos to eat on the way, but it works out, too.  I like the time I have to get settled before school starts in the morning with our usual routine, but I also miss that morning time with the Lone Star Girl this year - I've just become awfully aware of the fleetness of time with her.

This week, the Girl did not have swim practice, a week off after District (actually, it was optional, but she needed the rest), so she was with us every morning.  It was rushed, but it was really nice.

No comments: