Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of High School!


My baby is a high-school student!  She is beautiful and strong and good and it is a privilege to see her grow up...but it is still so hard to know how soon she will fly away into adulthood.  How I will miss her!


We were all back at school by today, and after we were all home, we went out to eat to celebrate her first day of high school, braved the office supply store for a few supplies she only learned that she needed today, and came home to fill out all the first day paperwork and sign the syllabuses and get ready to do it all again tomorrow.


How quickly the years fly!

(Obviously, we are having camera issues at the present time, but I have some old-fashioned pictures of both girls' first days that will get developed soon.)

4 comments:

gojirama said...

Ow, wow! What an amazing job you and LSP have done- wonderful young woman!

Saints and Spinners said...

I've heard that the best parenting is to give your children roots and wings, and I know you've done both.

(But still--too soon! Too soon!)

Did I tell you about the Flying Away ceremony done in the Waldorf kindergarten? It makes me teary-eyed even thinking about it.

Lone Star Ma said...

Thank y'all.

Please tell me about it, Farida.

Andrea said...

Ack! How do these things happen...these kids just keep growing and there's no stopping it, is there? Congratulations on a job well done, mama.