Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Almost Teen-Aged Drama Queen

The Lone Star Girl is all about her theatre arts class. She auditioned for the school play which will run in November - Alice In Wonderland - and will play the doorknob and sing (quietly, I hope) in the chorus. She is busy making props and costumes during her class and rehearsing after school a couple of days each week. She has really found her tribe, which makes me very happy. I am a little surprised that I can handle it, given that I was quite serious about acting as a teen - I even attended a special magnet high school for the arts in Dallas - and did not think I would ever want her exposed to that world. It's her thing, though, and she is so happy with it. I am happy for her.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Almost teen-aged..."

My how time flies! Thank you for sharing the link to your blog. Let me know when you're up in the DFW area next. I'd love to see you!

Monique

Lone Star Ma said...

I'd love to see you, too! Shouldn't we be the teen-agers?