Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Casa de Ninos!

The Lone Star Baby's school starts up again on Monday, conveniently, as that is also my first official day back at work after the summer. Today, tomorrow and Friday , however are orientation days at her school. My baby is moving out of the Toddler Community and up into the Children's House! I cannot believe she is big enough to do that!

Today, she wore her new purple dress and her new purple bow and her new Dora backpack and I took pictures of her on our porch, in front of her school and on the playground at school. Her first day in the children's house! She went to school from 9am - 11 am for orientation and will do so tomorrow and Friday as well. I got teary-eyed, of course. I couldn't help it! I feared that she would, too, as she has at home when we talked about going back to school, but she went bravely into her classroom and didn't cry at all. When we went to pick her up, she proudly told me about the work she did and fell back into Spanish as if she had not been mostly away from it for a couple of months. She ran out to play on the playground with the other kids, a dramatic pretend game about sharks, holding hands with two other little girls at the same time. It was hard to get her to leave. It was wonderful to see her so happy at school and so in her element there...my big, big girl...even if I do get teary-eyed about how very fast she is growing up!

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I'm feeling a little wistful about my own baby. Too fast, too fast.

gojirama said...

Oh, wow, talk about bittersweet. Whaty a big girl.

Veloute said...

Oh, wow! It is indeed too fast.