Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Road Mama

I not only really enjoyed Yearly Meeting, I enjoyed getting to and from Yearly Meeting by spending hours in the car. I really love road trips. Not the act of driving so much (I'd rather not)and not the loud screams from the carseat in the back when the baby is sick of the car...but the travelling itself. I love road trips. I plan to incorporate lots of them into my new life as a famous magazine publisher and writer. Here's a big shout-out to Lady Bird Johnson (and why didn't she ever run for President?) for getting those highway medians all seeded with fine Texas wildflowers for my family to enjoy on spring road trips...thank you, Lady Bird! The bluebonnets are exquisite!

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Yea rah! This needs to be a national movement.

Veloute said...

I really, really miss Texas wildflowers. Have you been to the wildflower center in Austin?

I also love roadtrips and finding cool little shindig places to eat.

Little harder with kids, but oh so worth it.

Lone Star Ma said...

I have not been - sounds like a road trip in the making!