Thursday, November 17, 2005

Who is having an escamocha for dinner?

I am! And it is soooo good! For those yankees among you (north of San Antonio and all) who don't know what that is, it is a fruit cup (watermelon, grapes, bananas, apples, kiwi, strawberries, cantelope, cherries, coconut, pineapple) with yogurt, granola and honey....mmmmm! There is a paletera on the route that I take between my office and City Hall (usually an at least once-a-day trip) that has la mejor fruit cups. When I was pregnant with the Lone Star Baby, I used to get a fruit cup with salt, lime y chile almost everyday for lunch. That was what I really wanted then, so I only ordered escamochas when I thought I needed a little protein boost. Now, I'm sort of still tired of the regular fruit cup and am in an escamocha mood. When you want to be a bad mama, they have fresas con crema as well. MMMmmmm.....

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Sounds yummy. Of course, Seattlite that I am, when I first read "escamocha," I thought you might be talking about a chocolatey-coffee drink with a Tex-Mex flourish.

Lone Star Ma said...

Well that sounds mighty good, too...

Veloute said...

I didn't know what escamocha was either, and it sounds delicious!

The fruit cup with salt, lime y chili sounds like my kind of yummy.