Sunday, November 06, 2005

Slumber Party

Not counting the Lone Star Baby, who is asleep in our family bed with Lone Star Pa, there are six little fourth grade girls stretched out watching Harry Potter movies on sleeping bags in my living room, about an hour past midnight, as I type this...the Lone Star Girl's birthday party. So far, they've made English muffin pizzas for dinner and eaten them, followed by cookie cake with ice cream. They've made sculpy designs, which we baked, and hot-glued them onto barrettes. They've decorated pink visor hats with pre-cut foam shapes and glue and they have watched one movie and are just starting to watch another. There are two more back-up movies and breakfast to get through in the morning. Only three incidents of tears so far (girls, not me), and I think two of them were fake. All of the girls, except for my little cousin, are members of the Girl Scout troop that I led for 3 years, so I know them all well, but we have spent less time with everyone since the baby came, so they keep surprising me. The Lone Star Baby spent the time before she went to sleep muttering "Girls? Girls?" and trying her best to say their names. Even she wants to be big. I am going to go give the little women some hopefully suppressing speech and leave them to their movies and go to bed now. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

klk said...

You're a good mama, Lone Star!

Lone Star Ma said...

Thanks. I needed that!

Veloute said...

You are indeed! What a fun sounding party! 10 years...

Were you able to catch up on some sleep? Are you laughing now?

Lone Star Ma said...

I'm still pretty sleepy...

Saints and Spinners said...

What stern things did you say?

Lone Star Ma said...

Okay, Girls...it's time to settle down and watch your movies...stay in here...I'm going to bed... do NOT wake the baby...get off of her...stop throwing pillows...drinks stay in the kitchen...

That sort of stuff(: