Monday, December 31, 2007

Roadtrip

The day after Christmas, we loaded up the car and headed north to Dallas. It was great to get to see so much of the family. The "new" Lone Star Niecelet is now eight months old and just the cutest baby you ever saw. She obviously worships her big sister as much as the Lone Star Baby worships her and is friendly and sweet. The best thing about the trip was all the time that the little girls got to play together. The Lone Star Baby sure loves her cousin (and her new cousin) - I wish they could be together more. We took them to the zoo, which was mostly fun, and they had a great time playing together. The Lone Star Girl and her dad took in the local comic book store and she accompanied my sister and the baby and I on a trek to Whole Foods, My mom and my middle sister and I got to go out to dinner and my sisters and I went to a movie. Lots of fun in a couple of short days!

We spent the last day of our visit in Denton with Lone Star Pa's mother and she took us to a cool place called Lavender Ridge Farms, a u-pick place. It wasn't the time of year for lavender, but the owners showed us their horses and pigmy goats and donkeys, including a sweet baby donkey named Zinnia. It was great. We also got to spend some time at Talon, a comic book store run by an old friend of Lone Star Pa.

Last night, we made the long ride back. Real life starts again...far too soon.


No comments: