Sunday, September 25, 2016

Gulf Coast Grocery Musings/Corpus Christi Water Worries

H-E-B was so crowded today that I found myself checking people's carts for unusual amounts of water bottles to make sure I had not missed a boil water alert or a hurricane warning.  Just normal amounts of water, though; I guess it was just a busy Sunday.

Speaking of water, I am a little freaked by the recent news reports that there are such high levels of chromium-6 in the water supply.  I don't know what to do about that - everyone says the bottled water (which I am pretty sure I will go to hell for anyways) just comes from the tap anyways and those reverse-osmosis systems are way expensive and we have been saving to try to re-do our one bathroom which is about to fall through the floor, plus medical bills.

I really wish we could stop electing real estate types who are more concerned about the ever-Southward growth of the City than about things like safe drinking water.

Grf.

No comments: