Ingredients: Six acorn squash, three big apples, butter, cinnamon sugar.
- Cut the acorn squash and scoop out and discard (or plant!) the seeds and pulp.
- Put the squash halves, flat sides down on a baking sheet and bake them for about 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Chop up the apples.
- Set the squash halves cut-sides up in a baking dish and sprinkle the scooped out part with cinnamon sugar, then put a little pat of butter in each.
- Stuff each squash half with chopped apples and cover again with cinnamon sugar and dabs of butter.
- Pop the stuffed squash back into the oven until the apples are baked in the buttery, cinnamon goodness and the squash is toasty again.
Do you have vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes? Please share them in the comments section to help other vegetarian families get cooking!