Monday, May 16, 2011

Trunk

Since the Lone Star Girl's Human Geography project is going to be hard to fit in my car, even taking it piece by piece (Lone Star Pa and I will have to trade cars on the day we take the biggest piece and hope that my car can make it to Portland with him), I kind of cleaned out my trunk on Sunday to make as much room as possible.

Wow.

It's kind of amazing about what various signs for various protests and demonstrations can be piled on top of..wow.  

I usually just keep my signs in the trunk so I am ready to represent whenever I need to, but I had no idea how many I was hauling around - probably like ...12?  There are the No Las Brisas ones, the health care ones, the ones supporting unions and teachers, of course, but also....the no war toys ones from an old Mother's Day protest a couple of years ago and a whole bunch of other peace signs including one that says that five years is too many - yikes.  And under the signs...

My six-year-old's old diaper bag, various bags of magazine-related stuff, bazillions of first aid kits, old brochures and cassette tapes...you name it.  

Quite an adventure.




No comments: