Monday, February 21, 2011

Wellness: Spring, Sunshine, Gardening & Exercise

Sunshine at last!  

It has actually been pretty cloudy, but there has been a lot more sunshine than we had in these past cold weeks.  Spring is here!  

The sunshine does lots of nice things for my brain chemistry - I need to get more of it.  

Our spring nature table is set up and I have hung the yard with ladybug and butterfly and bee flags and windsocks.  Best of all, on Saturday, I composted a bunch of frozen plant remains and went to the plant store for new plants for springtime.

I spent a nice, sunny afternoon planting this salad garden.  It has little baby patio tomatoes and little baby climbing spinach, a big cherry tomato, sweet cucumber and lettuces.  Also marigolds.

 

 I planted this little vegetable garden with zucchini, yellow crookneck squash, cauliflower and serrano peppers.  And marigolds.



Some old pumpkin seeds are sprouting so I am leaving them some space.  I still have some cacti that might make it, and the hanging strawberry plant.  I also planted an herb pot and some edible nasturtium and a lovely soil-cleaning citronella geranium.  And ... more marigolds.




After which, I took a lovely walk in the sunshine.  Quite a day of wellness!

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Good day, sunshine! It's lovely to see your photos.

Andrea said...

Wow, Flowers in February. Amazing. It all looks wonderful (and I love your little, manageable-sized garden beds!)