Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wings

There are a whole lot of hours and days in this season of Teen Raising in which the verbal exchanges between the LSG and I are far from pleasant.  She is wholly a wonderful girl - it's just that Attitude.  I have honestly never been the kind of Mommy who responds to her offspring in that June Cleaver sing-song in moments good or bad.  We keep it real around here and real isn't always pretty.  Especially when the Girl is all touchy and hormone-ridden and I am, too.  But....

So many other times, other hours and days,  I sort of wake from my mundane mind to realize the miraculous beauty of what is happening - my daughter talking a mile a minute about what she has been/is experiencing, thinking, feeling...to me!

I am not sure I knew before what the old phrase "my heart takes wing" meant, but I surely do now.  My heart takes wing!  It does!

No comments: