Friday, December 07, 2007

Bells and St. Nicholas Night

Monday was the first Christmas-themed story time of the year and the Lone Star Baby really enjoyed it.  Our librarian breaks out little rings of bells for the kids to shake during the songs in December - very cool.

Tuesday was an early-to-bed night as the Lone Star Baby has the same nasty cough as her father now and we are trying to head off whatever it may become, so just the Advent calendar and the Magi and some reading.

Wednesday was the eve of St. Nicholas Day. Inspired by Alkelda the Gleeful of Saints and Spinners, we celebrated it for the first time.  The Lone Star Girl and the Lone Star Baby each put out a shoe before they went to bed.  When they woke up on Thursday, St. Nicholas had put a little present in each shoe - a roll of black duct tape for the Lone Star Girl and a little Dora coloring set for the Lone Star Baby.  They were pleased.  

Tonight, we will decorate little foam snowflakes!



1 comment:

Saints and Spinners said...

I remember the years I got tape in my shoe and stocking! For me, it was Scotch tape that I used in abundance. I'm so pleased you put out shoes this year.