Thursday, January 05, 2006

First Day

Well, today was the Lone Star Baby's first day at her new school. There were tears at drop-off but the school has one of those leave-fast-and-let-us-deal-with-it policies (grf), so I swallowed my own tears and left. I would not generally go along with such a thing, but our visits had been so positive that I knew she would perk right up. I called when I got home and they said she was doing fine. I took the Lone Star Girl to a DI practice, dealt with a couple of work problems, picked the Lone Star Girl up and went to get the Lone Star Baby just before 3pm. She was standing at the door like a big girl with her lunchbox and her backpack and the teaching assistant said she did well. The first thing she said to me was "mulk" so we sat down on a bench to nurse before going to the car. Every few seconds she popped off to say her teacher's name, or "puzzle", or "chalk" or "plants" or "poster" or "fish"... just like her Sissy telling me about her day. She seemed really happy. She was in a great mood during the afternoon and evening, more so than she usually is by that time of day, and is asleep now ... and it is only 9:34 pm! All in all, a great first day for my baby!!!!

Today, I just took her for the "school" part of the day, 8:30am until 3pm. Tomorrow, I am back at work and will take her for that part and the aftercare part until 5:30pm. Then, Monday, she will go for "Buenos Dias" care starting at 7:45am as well, so I can get to work almost on time.

1 comment:

Veloute said...

I'm glad the first day went well! That first day can be hard. Fiona's school has a similar drop-off policy, but like you, we had such a positive experience otherwise that we went with it. Worked out, thank goodness!

I love the LS Baby telling you about her day :)

I got interrupted and I can't remember what else I was going to write :P