Thursday, September 30, 2010

Crunch

Yesterday morning, we were parked in the parking lot at the Lone Star Baby's school.  I was waiting for her to finish her breakfast so we could go in when another car - a big one - backed right into us. The important thing is that we are a-okay.  It freaked me out to get hit with my child in the car!  I even hugged a random dad from the school who is pretty much a stranger to me when he came over to make sure we were alright - I was a bit freaked.  

The car was technically drive-able.  I got the other parent's insurance information and drove to work.  I called the police just to find out if it was legal for me to drive in the daytime without the lights I no longer had on one side (brake light, turn signal) - they said no, of course.  So...I got permission for a half day off and when my sub. arrived mid-day, I made the insurance calls and went to a mechanic who was fortunately able to replace the brake light bulb and the turn signal bulb for under $30, making me legal to drive.  Now it is just incredibly ugly and sharp, the latter of which I have very slightly ameliorated with duct tape (ah, duct tape).  According to the other parent's insurance, they are taking full responsibility and will fix everything - we shall see how long and arduous that is, I guess.


May I just say here how much I love Staples Automotive?  I highly recommend them if you need to get your car fixed.  They are the place that replaced the bulbs.  They are just so nice there, and so understanding of the financial and time limitations of real, working people.  I heart them.  They won't be able to fix the rest of my car because they don't do any body work, but I still heart them.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

I'm glad you're safe!

Saints and Spinners said...

Oh my goodness. I'm coming to this late. I am so glad you are all okay.

Lone Star Ma said...

Thanks, y'all.