Monday, September 27, 2010

Boxtops Queen

I am the new volunteer Boxtops for Education Coordinator at the Lone Star Baby's school.  

There is a requirement, you see,  that parents volunteer 20 hours per year and, what with all the half days for this and that when there is not after-school care available and the field trips they need parents to drive on, and ... well, it becomes hard to meet the expectations of this sort of school while holding down a job, you know?  Somehow the great schools always seem to expect you not to need to be employed.  

So I made sure to snag this Boxtops gig right away since most of it can be done at home and it can get me the hours I need.  I've been working hard getting it organized this week and have already put in five hours.  I have it all set up and all the information sent out to teachers and set up to go out to parents in the Friday folders.  Gonna rock the Boxtops, people.  Gonna be the best Boxtops Queen ev-ah.

3 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Somehow the great schools always seem to expect you not to need to be employed.

Yup. While we sign a form that states we understand the commitment to volunteering, etc., there isn't a specified required amount of hours. If there were, people would freak out. Who am I kidding? We freak out anyway.

Congratulations on getting the Boxtops gig! If I get any box tops, I'll send them to you.

Saints and Spinners said...

P.S. Happy birthday, Lone Star Ma!

Andrea said...

Good for you! It is so hard to squeeze in volunteering for the school along with a full-time job (I can't even remember to go to PTA meetings!)