Ingredients: Four acorn squash, 8 apples, butter, cinnamon sugar.
- Cut the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds and pulp. Plant the seeds and pulp in the garden.
- Put the squash halves, flat sides down on a baking sheet and bake them for about 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Chop up the apples.
- Set the squash halves cut-sides up in a baking dish and sprinkle the scooped out part with cinnamon sugar, then put a little pat of butter in each.
- Stuff each squash half with chopped apples and cover again with cinnamon sugar and dabs of butter.
- Pop the stuffed squash back into the oven until the apples are baked in the buttery, cinnamon goodness and the squash is toasty again.