Monday, November 02, 2015

SDG Mondays: End Poverty

Welcome to SDG Mondays!  Today we are featuring the first of the United Nations' new Sustainable Development Goals: 

"End Poverty in all its forms everywhere."

This goal has 7 associated targets:


What do you think of this goal and these targets?  

What can you do to help the world reach the targets?

Please post your thoughts in the comments section.

For me, I feel like one thing I can do is to try to help disenfranchised people register to vote and encourage them to get to the polls.  Maybe if a more diverse electorate actively voted, people who cared about these issues would get elected more. 

I also hope to raise awareness about the very idea of sustainable development and these goals and targets in Texas and in the United States, where I live.

 

No comments: