- It’s So Amazing: A Book About Eggs, Sperm, Birth, Babies and Families by Robie H. Harris
- It’s Perfectly Normal: Changing Bodies, Growing Up, Sex and Sexual Health by Robie H. Harris
- The Period Book: Everything You Don’t Want to Ask (But Need to Know) by Karen Gravelle
- What’s Going On Down There? Answers to Questions Boys Find Hard to Ask by Karen Gravelle
- The Care And Keeping of You: The Body Book for Girls by Valorie Schaefer.
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Wednesdays with The Subversive Children's Book Club: Sex Education
Happy Valentine's Week! In honor of same, this installment of the Subversive Children's Book Club will be about sex education, an area in which many of us parents are apparently falling down on the job if the rates of sexually transmitted infections among young adults are any indication. Knowledge is power, people. Ignorance is helplessness. Below are some very useful classics. Enjoy.