Saturday, May 11, 2013

Support Gina McCarthy For EPA Chief!

Gina McCarthy, President Obama's pick to head the EPA, has spent the last four years as the assistant administrator in charge of Air and Radiation.  She has worked hard to keep the air that our children breathe clean.  She has been seen as someone who can work with Republicans and the auto industry as well as with Democrats and environmentalists...someone who listens and does not see environmental protection as a partisan issue.

If only Senate Republicans agreed.  

Her confirmation hearing has thus far been more about the doubts that Senate Republicans have about climate change than about her qualifications.  Science still scares them - it's hard to get past that.  On Thursday, all eight Republicans on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee boycotted Ms. McCarthy's nomination vote, leaving the committee without a quorum.

I do believe in science and I want America to stop climate change in its tracks.  I believe that Gina McCarthy is the right person to lead us to that goal.  I will be telling my Senators that and I hope that you will, too, mamas.

No comments: