Sunday, April 29, 2012

De-Lurking Comment Contest!

Things are getting kind of lonely on the blog, here, people.  I know you are coming to read it because of the site meter, but I am not seeing the comments that make this feel like a community interaction.

Please de-lurk and talk to me, folks.  I miss you.


To encourage this, I am starting a contest this week.  Everyone who comments substantively (spam and "I'm commenting" sorts of comments don't count) on this post or anything else I post through Saturday will have their screen name written on a tiny piece of paper which will be put into a hat.  A child will draw a name from that hat and that person will be our winner!  (We are high-tech over here.)


The winner (if they message me their mailing info. after I announce their winning) will receive a slightly-used copy of Loose Woman by Sandra Cisneros.  Ms. Cisneros lives in San Antonio, Texas and is one of my favorite writers.  My favorite poem in this collection is Las Girlfriends on p. 105.

 

No comments: