Saturday, January 14, 2012

Recently Read And Enjoyed

The Highest Frontier by Joan Slonczewski - kind of a girl version of the best Heinlein juveniles, but with its own story - oh, so good.  Slonczewski is my favorite sci-fi author ever and I am so glad she published another book!  I've already read it twice.

The Barbarian Nurseries by Hector Tobar - I wanted to put it down for a little while when things were looking awfully bad for the protagonist because I just could not bear it but it was worth pushing through.  I tend not to read a lot of mainstream bestsellers because I tend to find the protagonists of them narcissistic and shallow and whiny but this is worthy of the hype.  Truly wonderful.

Seven Tears Into The  Sea by Terri Farley - first in a stash of cheap, paperback selkie stories that I am digging into with relish and abandon.  Very nice.

No comments: