Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Squash Mariah is Prepped

I have cut the acorn squash and scooped out the seeds and pulp (tossed them in one of the container gardens hopefully, although I seem incapable of actually growing squash).  I put the squash halves, flat sides down on a baking sheet and baked them for about 50 minutes at 350 degrees while I chopped up three big apples.  Set the squash cut-sides up in a baking dish and sprinkled the scooped out part with cinnamon sugar, then put a little pat of butter in each.  Then stuffed each with chopped apples and covered again with cinnamon sugar and dabs of butter.  Into the fridge.  Tomorrow I just have to pop them back into the oven until the apples are baked in the buttery, cinnamon goodness and the squash is toasty again.  My signature Thanksgiving dish.

2 comments:

gojirama said...

Sounds delish!

Lone Star Ma said...

Tell me about this pumpkin souffle...