Saturday, December 04, 2010

Super Reader

The Lone Star Baby has finished the Magic Tree House books.  I had thought there were 49 of them for some reason, but there are only 44 and she finished them last week, after starting to read them in late July.  She went through periods where she was reading one or two (sometimes four) of the books a day but, by the end, I think she was a little tired of them.  Another is supposed to come out in January - maybe she'll still want to read it and maybe not.

Since finishing them, she read Madeleine L'Engle's Twenty-Four Days Before Christmas (Meet The Austins, here we come!) and has started in on The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.  I have read these to her in Christmas Seasons Past, but now she is ready to read them to herself!  I'm so proud of her.  

I am still reading to her, of course (seasonal picture books and The Long Winter at present), but it is exciting that she can read these books on her own! 

1 comment: