Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Magic Treehouse Girl

The Lone Star Baby started reading the Magic Treehouse books at the very end of July and she is now on #30.  She has worked her way up from sometimes taking a few days to finish one to often finishing one or two per day.  Lots of library and bookstore trips.  I expect she'll read the research guides after #49, but I hope she finds another series that she likes as well.  The Lone Star Girl hopes to get her to read the Droon books next.  It sure makes taking her to meetings easier!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, she took right to reading, didn't she? My boys are exasperated that they've been in kindergarten for over a month and still haven't learned to read. I can't imagine being at the other end of that process...those marks on the paper must seem so mysterious and strange.

Lone Star Ma said...

I can just see them - not today, either. I'm sorry it frustrates them - their time will come! Miriam Cohen has an adorable book in her adorable first grade series called When Will I Read? They might love it.