Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Lone Star Baby's Sorrow

I have mentioned before my wonderful friend Aubrey who watches the Lone Star Baby for me on the days when I am working but the Lone Star Baby's school is closed. We were all sad to learn that she is moving away after this school year. I myself will miss her plenty as a friend and it will not be easy to find someone who is such a good babysitter, either. I knew the Lone Star Baby would be disappointed when we told her, and sad, but I had no idea how sad she would be. She has really taken the news hard. We have found her finding corners to lay down and cry about it in on a regular basis. I expected that she would fuss upon hearing the news, but not that she would carry her grief around with her for such a long time. It's very sad.

No comments: