Sunday, November 05, 2006

Candy Land

I don't remember playing Candy Land with the Lone Star Girl at the apartment where we lived before we moved to this house. We moved here just under three months before she turned four years old so we must not have played Candy Land with her until she was almost four or four. Once we started to play, however, it became a very frequent occurrence. The Lone Star Girl loved Candy Land. We played it and played it until Lone Star Pa and I felt like puking everytime it was mentioned. It was a great jumping off point to lots of other board games and card games, though, and playing games together as a family quickly became one of our chief joys. It is a joy that I must admit to really missing since the Lone Star Baby has joined us. We do not get in much family game time anymore.

That could change soon, though.

The Lone Star Baby is not even two and a half yet, but she has discovered Candy Land with a passion. She loves it and "Play wif me" has become a frequent refrain. Enough time has passed since the glut of Candy Land with her sister that we are happy to play, too, and I am excited at the prospect of some soon-in-the-future resumption of family game nights. Yay!


2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I have a feeling that Lucia will find it appealing, too. Right now, the game she likes to "play" is Marrakesh.

Lone Star Ma said...

She has sophisticated tastes and will do well in world history class someday, I bet. I'm a Scrabble girl myself.