Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Word on my YA Picks

Since becoming a reader of Fuse #8's blog (she is an amazing children's librarian - check out her link on my links menu), I have come to realize that many of the books I review as YA Picks are not really YA books at all. Fuse #8 adamantly avoids YA, reviewing only books in the children's collection, and those are often the books I am reviewing as YA Picks. So. I am going to continue calling all the children's novels for kids that are approaching or in adolescence YA in order to distinguish them from stuff that younger kids who are good readers should read, rather than just calling the older teen stuff YA as would be proper. I am, alas, not a librarian, so I can do amateur things like that. I just wanted you to know that my system is not really correct. Thanks.