Wednesday, June 28, 2017

June Reading

I have mostly been reading health care bills and reports on their progress, but I have also indulged in some summer fiction and memoir.
 
I have enjoyed some Cassandra Clarke Novels this month - Star's End and Our Lady of The Ice.  My favorite science fiction writers always seem to be women.

I read an excellent YA novel called Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu

Lilli de Jong by Janet Benton was kind of a masterpiece of a novel about women and mothers and oppression and society.

I have just started a memoir of/by Gail Sheehy called Daring: My Passages.  I originally picked it up thinking my mother might like it as I remember her liking Sheehy's other writing, but so far it is reading like something I should pass on to my newspaper editor friend instead, though maybe that will change as the book moves on to other seasons of the author's life.

What are you reading this month?


No comments: