Friday, December 21, 2012

An Open Letter To the Cedars Trees of Austin, Texas

Dear Cedar Trees,

You are really pretty - at least that's what I think when I'm all woo-wooed out on the Zyrtec and Benadryl that you necessitate.  Wherefore is it that you hate me?   Why must it always be December, a time of festivities and singing, when you drop all of your pollen and send it flying South, via the winds, on vacation to Corpus Christi?  

You know that Corpus does not like you.  Very few of your brethren have managed to settle here.  I am not trying to be mean, but we don't want your pollen here.  It makes us hoarse and boogery and sickly.  I tried living in Austin and I left, partly because of you.

I'll visit.  I promise.  (Not in December, though.)  Just keep your sneezy self in Austin where you belong, please.  Thank you.

Sincerely,
Riah of the Cedar Allergies

No comments: