Thursday, April 10, 2008

Scary

I went to visit some family last night after work, and my late Granddad's sweet doggie was jumping all over me before I got clued in that he was sticky because he'd just had a flea treatment. I had a pleasant visit with my kinfolk and it wasn't until I was almost home that my lip and tongue started burning. At home, I shucked my clothes and took a shower, and no matter how much I washed, the prickly burning seemed to intensify, and my eyes started burning, as well. I took some generic benadryl-type drug and called my stepdad and my mom in Dallas. Their medical advice was to take some more before I went to bed and call 911 if my throat closed, as I figured. I have always been a major hayfever girl - one thing I like about living in Corpus is that the tree stuff that gets me hacking is not abundant here - but I had never, ever had this kind of reaction before. Closest to it is that my eyes have always gotten stingy if I play with cats and then touch them, but this was quite distinct from that experience. It was sort of scary. I'm still alive and am better now, though.

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

My goodness. My goodness. I missed this. You must be better because you're blogging. Gack!

Lone Star Ma said...

I'm fine now. It was very gack.