Monday, June 12, 2006

Tween Time

After a weekend spent rather focused on the Lone Star Baby's birthday (and the weekend before having been rather focused on our water heater breaking), I spent some adolescent-drama-prevention time with the Lone Star Girl today. I needed to spend the morning in some serious job search work, but after I had done what I could there, I took her with me to the bookstore where she likes to hang out and did my reading for this week's classes there while she read stuff in the children's area. Then we had lunch together and went to see Hoot at the dollar theater (more on that later). We also got her signed up for Girl Scout day-camp in July (she's going to the resident camp in a week). It was really nice, but not, apparently, that preventative as she is currenty having a meltdown in her room because I insisted that she go to bed about a minute and a half ago at 10:43pm. Ah, well.

1 comment:

Triana said...

I tried to get Sunshine last night but was thwarted by the bookstore! They had every book BUT that one by that author. Curses! I'm off to try another store tonight though. Probably just karma telling me to buy local. :)