Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goals for 2016

2015 was kind of a rough year in which family health concerns and stepping up to cover things during turn-over at work over-shadowed everything else. I made very little progress on the resolutions, so hopefully 2016 will be much better.

Family:

I still need more individual and group bonding time with husband and daughters and better routines.  I still need to provide emotional support to family members' endeavors. 

Work:

Now that we are better staffed, I need to get more deeply back into the core functions of my job and not be distracted by too many other things that need to get done in the program because there are other people who can do those things, too. I want to get my focus back on developing excellent placements and being an excellent teacher.

Health

Still need to lose more weight. Still need to spend more time outside.
 
Community

I need to spend more time with friends - at least one outing each month - preferably more.

Keep up with Girl Scouts and citizenship and the girls' schools as best as possible but be kind to self about not being able to Do All The Things. 

Writing

Submit one poem or essay each month, starting in January (I did in December, too!)
Finish Baby Moon
Work on Seven Settlement Workers
Publish Issue 11 of Lone Star Ma.


What are your goals for 2016?  Please post some in the comments section.

No comments: