Thursday, April 07, 2011

District Two Debate

Last night our family went over to the university where one of the classes was hosting a debate between the candidates running for the District Two seat on the City Council. 

Before and after the debate,  I continued to try to convince incumbent John Marez that he could retreat from his vote for Las Brisas and be a good public servant again, but it is hard to tell how far down that road he has gone.  He acts like he's listening, but ...  we trusted him before that vote - I can't really trust him anymore, especially when his attempts to reassure me are so wishy-washy.  I hope he really has had a change of heart.

Marez and Mr. Lucio did some bickering, which was sort of distracting.  When they were talking about issues, though, I agreed with everything that Mr. Lucio said and most of what Mr. Sloan said (I was not thrilled with what Mr. Sloan had to say about homeless issues).  

I am still voting for Daniel Lucio  and I intend to do some block-walking for him as well.  I think that both he and Mr. Sloan are strong candidates, though - either would be a vast improvement over Marez, who can't be trusted not to vote to let Las Brisas poison our kids.



No comments: