Saturday, August 29, 2009

Good-Bye, We The People News

I have a head full of column ideas, but they are going to have to stay in my head for the time being. The wonderful local alternative monthly in which I have been privileged to write my Lone Star Ma column for the past couple of years, has published its last edition. I am really going to miss it.

We the People News has been enormously more successful than my own Lone Star Ma Magazine ever, ever was, so I am extra sad that it couldn't make it in these hard economic times. It represented to me the possibility that the dream could work, but I guess it hardly ever does for long.

Many thanks to John Kelley for his hard work and tireless devotion to social justice here in the Coastal Bend. You made a difference. Thank you.

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Oh, that's too bad. I do hope that Lone Star Ma Magazine will pop up again.

Lone Star Ma said...

Me, too. But I don't think it's a very realistic hope. Still, I have it.