Thursday, June 25, 2009

Buffy Brain Battle Begins

Rather than all those cool, enriching Wild Woman Summer Enrichment Program For Gifted Girls things I had planned for the summer, the Lone Star Girl has, in her convalescence, mainly been sitting around watching the first and second seasons of Buffy, to which she has become mildly (ha) addicted.

Today was her follow-up appointment with the surgeon and he said she should be fine to do anything she wants and he doesn't think we need another appointment (unless she vomits green stuff, in which case he wants to see us stat, but he doesn't think that will happen).

YAYYYY!!!!

That said, she doesn't quite feel up to the swim team yet. She is not actually at the two-week mark until Tuesday - he scheduled us early because he's going out of town, and she really is sort of easily tired still. So I will probably still be a little on the hovering side until Tuesday but, if all goes as well as it has been, she should be getting back to her normal routine very soon.

And it is time for her to start getting her groove back. Which means that I must mount an attack against Buffy Brain. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

I wish I'd had Buffy as a high school teen! A few years ago, I watched the whole series within a period of 6-8 months. My high school was definitely located on a Hellmouth.

I'm glad the LSG is on the recovery end. Yay!

Lone Star Ma said...

Yeah, I like it, too. Still - she wants to watch like 8 episodes a day and that is not happening anymore. I'll give her two.

gojirama said...

I am glad to hear she is getting better!
I love Buffy! I have been showing it to Livie a lot as antidote to Twilight (gag)

Lone Star Ma said...

Twilight is gag.