Saturday, May 09, 2009

Recent Columns

You can find my recent Mothers Against Las Brisas column and then the postponement notice that I wrote for the demonstration planned in that first article on the front page of the We the People News site currently. I think some folks are going ahead with a small demonstration anyway, which I applaud, for those whose responsibilities allow it.

Myself, I find that I cannot tell my kid that she must avoid the crowded venue she wished to attend this weekend if I am organizing a crowded venue - kids take poorly to this sort of "do as I say, not as I do" thing. Even though this flu has turned out to be pretty mild, we can't really afford to have to miss a bunch of school as we would have to if we caught it, and I know most families are in that same boat. I think things will be okay after this weekend or so, until the second wave next fall anyway, as it looks like the jumps we are seeing each day in suspected cases are really dropping. I think it's burning off but I am giving it this one more weekend and avoiding crowds before we go back to our usual running around.

I am thinking about possibly a weekly Mothers Against Las Brisas demonstration day for the summer, though.

No comments: