Saturday, October 13, 2007

Delays and Opportunities

Well! Lone Star Ma finally has one real-for-true part-time independent contractor selling ads for the zine and we are looking for more. It is taking longer than we had hoped, however, so we will not be putting out a Fall Issue. We are trying to take our time and do a good job, so expect Issue Ten this winter.

We still could use some submissions for Issue Ten, as we are going for a big one. Here is what we need:

Maybe 1 mama-poem
1 mama fiction story (we would really like to get this department started!)
Longhorn Lactation: a breastfeeding advocacy piece

Submissions should be e-mailed (body of the e-mail) to mariah@lonestarma.com.

Thanks! More information is available under submissions at www.LoneStarMa.com.

2 comments:

Saints and Spinners said...

Can you give me some examples of mamafiction you like? I'm not really sure what it is-- is it like chick-lit with mamas?!;)

Lone Star Ma said...

Maybe, though I have some issues with the whole chick lit thing, I guess. Remember that Chocolate story from Literary Mama? I like that. LiteraryMama.com publishes great mama fiction, and I like a lot of what Brain, Child publishes, too. I have a hard time thinking of short stoires besides what they publish, which is sort of my point. Whole books: I like The Bean Trees, The Wild Mother, I Don't Know How She Does It...does that help any? Thank you!